Total Pageviews

Friday, April 17, 2009

My good friend Catherine Frinier sent me this link.

My good friend Catherine Frinier sent me this link. It is the segment from Britain's got talent that shows a homely spinster. The expectation is that this woman will embarrass herself badly, and that we can somehow get enjoyment and self satisfaction from the misery of others.

She delivers an extraordinary performance. I am a sucker for the Horatio Alger stories, where an unlikely hero rises from nowhere, defies the odds and makes us proud of humanity.

There is a hero in each of us. We have two roles as human beings: To discover and share our God given gifts, and to encouarage and inspire others. Bring out the best in someone today.

Click here to see the video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9lp0IWv8QZY

No comments:

Post a Comment